My husband just said while eating this dinner… “This tastes like something I would order in an Italian restaurant!”. Well that’s enough to tell me it should go into our regular rotation!
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 3 cubes cloves garlic, 2 cubes basil (dorrot frozen herbs from Trader Joe’s) – or fresh garlic and basil
- 4 frozen skinless boneless chicken tenderloins
- 1 jar (14.5 oz or so) of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat rotini pasta or similar
- 9 oz bag of fresh spinach
- 2 oz. of low fat cream cheese (Sometimes labeled Neufchatel. I used a cream cheese with Greek yogurt in it.)
- 3/4 cup shredded 2% milk mozzarella cheese (divided into 1/2 c and 1/4 c)
Stir in cream cheese. Cut chicken into smaller pieces so it’ll distribute throughout casserole.