A different and scrumptious combo! This bread is very moist and great for breakfast or anytime of day.
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (squeeze the water out between paper towels after shredding)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or 1/4 cup domino light stevia blend)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (measure out the solid then melt)
- 1 cup light sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
First shred your zucchini with a cheese grater. Put between lots of paper towels and press down to soak up all the water.
Preheat oven to 325. Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
In a separate bowl, combine zucchini, sugars, coconut oil, sour cream or yogurt, eggs, vanilla.
Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir to combine. Stir in the shredded coconut.
Pour batter into loaf pans evenly.
Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, check for doneness by inserting a toothpick or butter knife.
recipe adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com