Guest blogger day! My friend Rita made this delicious quinoa salad and sent me the recipe and photos for the blog. Thanks Rita!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced (microwave 20 sec to get extra juicy before cutting)
- 2 TBS ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 c halved grape tomatoes
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (I use low sodium)
- 5 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
Bring quinoa and water to a boil in saucepan. Reduce to medium low and cover. Simmer until quinoa is tender and water has absorbed, 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes together.
Combine quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, and green onions together in a bowl. Pour dressing mixture over and toss to coat, stir in cilantro.
For best taste chill in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to let flavors marry. Great with or in tacos! Enjoy!