A hearty, meatless soup for a cold night.
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can low sodium black beans, drained
- 1 can rotel (diced tomatoes with chilies), undrained
- 1 can chili ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 c water (depending on how much liquid you want)
In a large pot, sautée onions & garlic in olive oil for 5 min.
All all other ingredients and bring to boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer 30 min or until sweet potatoes are soft.
Top with cheese if desired and serve!