Celebrate warm weather! Sometimes you need something super easy and quick and fancied-up cake mixes are the way to go…
Ingredients for cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small can mandarin oranges with juice
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable, coconut, canola)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
Ingredients for topping:
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 small can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 small box coconut instant pudding mix
In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, mix together: cake mix, oranges with juice, eggs, oil, and applesauce.
Bake in greased 9×13 pan for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. Chill cake in refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
For topping – mix together cool whip, pineapple with juice, and pudding mix until smooth. Spread on cake.
Store any leftovers in refrigerator.